Friday, May 13, 2011

Recent Happenings

I apparently have a few events to catch up on. Mother's Day, Easter, and my friend Jen's visit. I just uploaded the photos from my camera and realized I haven't posted anything recently. So I will get you caught up with the most current events in my life.

Mother's Day:
This is a photo of the girls...my sister, my mom, the Sweet Pea, and me. We had lunch at our house to celebrate both my mom and Goatee Man's mom.

There he is with his mom; the lovely lady. 

 Here's my sister again with the Sweet Pea.
 And the Sweet Pea again. Isn't she cute?

The Goatee Man helped celebrate my motherhood on Saturday night with a lovely dinner and flowers. Then he made breakfast (with help from the Blobster) for me in bed. The Blobster even picked some dandelions for me. He was so proud of himself. It was so cute.

Easter:

We had Easter baskets for the kids at breakfast. Then we went to church, and were able to sit through the whole service without being called out to attend to our children in the nursery. That is a rare occurrence. What a nice treat!

Then we went to my mom's house for Easter lunch. Goatee Man's parent's also came, as well as Isabelle, a wonderful family friend. We had a nice, relaxed time and wonderful food.
Here is my mom with Sweet Pea. 
Here is Goatee Man's dad with Sweet Pea. 
I didn't get any other pictures that day. I really wanted a family photo (we were after all, dressed up so nicely), but it didn't happen. It is getting really difficult to capture the Blobster in photos. 
He moves too much. 

Jen's Visit:
One of my best friends moved to St. Louis a few years ago, and she came into town for a visit recently. It was so nice to see her. We didn't do anything exciting. It is too difficult to get out and about with 2 kids these days. But we were able to sit and talk for a long time. It didn't feel like any time had passed since she left. We were able to talk just like old times. 
Except we were often interrupted by the Blobster. 
And we weren't sitting at Champs with beer/wine and appetizers. That was what we used to do after work regularly. Ah...those were the times. 
Anyway...
Unfortunately, I didn't take very many photos of her visit here, and most of them didn't turn out very well. So, sorry Jen, this is the best I have. 
 Jen was bouncing the Sweet Pea to keep her from crying. 
It didn't work. 

2 comments:

Jen Kent said...

that first photo scares me a little.

It was so great to see you! And I agree. It's as if no time had passed since last time. I miss you crazy amounts!

Jen Kent said...

I mean the fist photo with me in it...not the first photo in the post. Just to be clear.