Sunday, April 13, 2014

Why do I read?



I’m just a few pages away from finishing the book I’m reading. But now the kids are waking up from naps and the quiet afternoon spent wrapped in blankets is about to come to a close. There are snowflakes coming down; probably one of the last snowfalls of the year. It is a day to stay inside with an excuse to read, and the gray skies are a fitting backdrop for the book I’m reading about the Holocaust. (The Lost Wife, by Alyson Richman). What a nice luxury to spend several hours reading! I’m learning about a different time, but mostly I read to be "entertained" by being immersed in the emotions and details of another life that comes with storytelling.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, a great day for reading. It is a lovely gift to be involved in the lives of others through the pages! I mostly read to relax but usually learn as well.