Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Patty Griffin

Patty Griffin is my favorite artist. (Just ask my husband... he gets a little tired of me listening to her sometimes.) She is a small spitfire singer with amazing lyrics. I just purchased her new album, Downtown Church, recently and although I haven't spent a lot of time listening to it, I have to say I'm impressed. It is very different from her other albums because it is gospel music. But her soulful voice comes through beautifully. I particularly like her voice in Waiting for My Child.
But today I have to say I'm impressed with her ability to sing the spanish songs so well. She sings Virgen de Guadalupe this album, but she has also done Mil Besos previously.

Just sit down and take a listen.

1 comment:

Jen Kent said...

She's coming to St. Louis and I'm wishing you were here to go with me! I got Downtown Church for my birthday and I'm really enjoying it!