Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Emotional Wrecks


The kids were very emotional yesterday. I’m not sure why. I *think* it was because of a busy weekend. But we often have busy weekends. And on Sunday night we made sure to get them home and to bed on-time and with a normal routine. Yet yesterday, they were very sensitive. It might have just been a case of being a 4-year-old and a 2-year-old. Who knows.
One minute they would be playing nicely, then…tears and blood-curdling screams. Because “he won’t use the right color marker”, or “she is playing with her babydoll and I don’t want her to”. Seriously. There was no blood, everyone had their appendages. Just two kids who were feeling strong emotions and didn’t know what to do with them.
To see a funny blog about kids crying: Reasons My Son is Crying

A friend of mine gave me a book about the emotional life of a toddler, but I haven’t read it yet. Mostly I just roll my eyes (when they can’t see me) and let them work it out. That usually results in hitting, possible blood-shed, time outs, and more tears. Sigh. Maybe I should read that book. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome to motherhood. You are doing a great job and your kids are a joy to be with.